|Hello! iOS Development
Lou Franco and Eitan Mendelowitz
MEAP Began: November 2010
Softbound print: July 2013 (est.) | 300 pages
|Order today and start reading Hello! iOS Development today through MEAP|
|MEAP + Ebook only - $23.99|
|MEAP + Print book (includes Ebook) when available - $29.99|
|* For more information, please see the MEAP FAQs page.|
|About MEAP Release Date Estimates|
Table of Contents, MEAP Chapters & Resources
|Table of Contents||Resources|
PART I: HELLO! IPHONE
1. Hello! iPhone - FREE
2. Thinking like an iPhone Developer - AVAILABLE
3. Coding in Objective-C - AVAILABLE
PART II: IPHONE APPLICATIONS: STEP BY STEP
4. Writing an app with multiple views - AVAILABLE
5. Polishing up your app - AVAILABLE
6. Working with databases and table views - AVAILABLE
7. Creating a photo-based application - AVAILABLE
8. Moving, rotating, editing, and animating images - AVAILABLE
9. Working with location and maps - AVAILABLE
10. Accessing the internet - AVAILABLE
PART III: GOING FROMXCODE TO THE APPSTORE
11. Debugging and optimizing your application - AVAILABLE
12. Building for the device and the AppStore - AVAILABLE
A. Online resources for iOS App Developers - AVAILABLE
There are over two hundred thousand apps for the iPhone and tens of thousands of programmers creating them. For the most part, the apps are created by experienced developers who have ported their skills from other development environments. However, there are some great stories of first time developers that were motivated by a great idea and the allure of making money on the AppStore to teach themselves how to make apps.
Hello! iOS Development is a book that will cater to novice programmers and students and give them enough understanding about developing for the iPhone so that they are better equipped to use more advanced documentation. Using the Hello! style of User Friendly cartoons and illustrations, this book will concentrate on teaching concepts and then give a step-by-step guide to creating a few simple and complete apps. These apps are designed to be small, but useful, and they will be put in the AppStore so that readers can immediately download and use them.
- Go from sketches to object-oriented designs to coding and back again
- Create apps that can be published in the AppStore
- Learn how to troubleshoot error messages
- Learn through the visual communication of ideas
- Learn from the humor and asides of User Friendly characters
About the Author
Lou Franco is a software development veteran who has delivered products for NASDAQ, The Federal Reserve Bank of NY, and the US Military. He's been programming internet-enabled mobile devices for over ten years and on the iPhone for the past two. Lou currently runs the developer tools business for Atalasoft, an Imaging SDK vendor. He lives in Northampton, MA. Eitan Mendelowitz is an Assistant Professor of computing and the arts at Smith College. Working at the intersection of computer science and media art, he is currently developing mobile platforms to enable citizen science.
About the Early Access Version
This Early Access version of Hello! iOS Development enables you to receive new chapters as they are being written. You can also interact with the authors to ask questions, provide feedback and errata, and help shape the final manuscript on the Author Online
Want to learn More?
Sign up to read more content when it is released and to receive news about this book.